Friday, September 19, 2008

Funeral

It has been a tough week and past couple of months with a dear sister's death from cancer at the age of 41, leaving 2 kids 9 and 7 and her husband. But, I take joy in that she is with the Lord, no more pain, operations, cancer treatments and confinement to a hospital bed and ward.

I have been privileged to experience how tirelessly and wonderfully Pst Jane has been in these past few months and I reproduce my email that I sent to her:

Date: Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:18 AM
Subject: Message of thanks to Pastor Jane

Dear Pst Jane,

您好! On behalf of Kelvin, Doris, their families, Felicia & Alvin's CPU, thank you so much for your love, prayers, time, visitations, encouragement and advice through the past months. Probably since March (or earlier), we have the privilege of seeing how tirelessly and selflessly you minister to those in need. I know Kelvin & Doris are so encouraged everytime you come to the home or hospital ward, even during your Monday offdays, late weekday nights and weekends. You always make time and were there despite all your other ministry and work commitments. You also did the same for Shuh Ling when her mum passed away in Sept 04. Even this week, with Chinese translation of CPS 9 pending and also on the day of funeral when you have a chinese member's husband passing away on Wed night, you still showed up on Thursday morning. 真真很感动.

I've had many zone pastors, but you are truly exceptional. It has truly been an honour, privilege & blessing in these past months (even for me). This has been a very difficult time for many of us. But, you've made a real difference!

Thank you so much again.

If I may adapt from the bible a final expression:
I thank my God and make mention of you in my prayers, hearing and seeing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints, that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, our sister & pastor. [腓 利 門 書 1:3-7]

[This emailed has been b.c.c. to cpu members].

No comments: