Saturday, January 3, 2009

ARE YOU LIVING AS A SPIRITUAL PAUPER, OR AS A CHILD OF THE KING?

A bit late, but good to post.

"THE FACTS OF THE MATTER"
"A weekly letter of encouragement to business and professional men and women"
December 10, 2008

Good Morning!

ARE YOU LIVING AS A SPIRITUAL PAUPER, OR AS A CHILD OF THE KING? +

We live in a society with a victim mentality: “My mother was an alcoholic.” “I couldn’t qualify for scholarships to get through college.” “I came from a poor family.” “The Government failed me.” Reminiscent, is it not of comedian Flip Wilson’s, “The devil made me do it” mentality. In other words, it’s not my fault or responsibility for the way I am. Yes, you are responsible because you have a choice as to whether you will live as a spiritual pauper, or as a child of the King:

WE SAY:
GOD SAYS:

We say: “It’s impossible.”
God says: "What is impossible with men is possible with God." (Lk. 18:27) (See Gen 18:14)

“I’m too tired.”
God says: "Come to me…and I will give you rest.” (Matt. 11:28-30) (See Jer. 6:16; Heb. 4:1)

“Nobody really loves me.”
God says: "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son...” (Jn. 3:16)

“I can’t go on.”
God says: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor. 12:9) (See Exo. 4:10-15; Josh. 1:9; Isa. 43:2; Jer. 1:6-9; I Cor. 10:13; Heb. 4:16

“I can’t figure things out.”
God says: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Pro. 3:5, 6)

“I can’t do it.
God says: "I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Phil. 4:13)

“I’m not able.”
God says: “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” (2 Cor. 9:8)

“It’s not worth it.”
God says: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Rom. 8:28) (See 1 Pet. 1:7,8)

“I can’t forgive.”
God says: “If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness…” (Psa. 130:3, 4) (See Matt. 6:14, 15; 18:23-35; Jms.. 2:13; Eph. 4:32)

“I can’t manage.”
God says: “My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches
in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:19) (See Psa. 23; 84:11; Isa. 40:31; 2 Cor. 4:7-10; 9:8; 1 Thes. 5:24)

“I’m afraid.”
God says: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Tim. 1:7 NKJ) (See Lk. 1:74, 75; Act. 20:24; Rom. 8:15; 1 Jn. 4:18)

“I’m always worried and frustrated”
God says: “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (I Pet. 5:7) (See I Sam.)

“I’m not smart enough.”
God says: “…You are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God…” (1 Cor. 1:30) (See 1 Chron. 22:1, 2; Pro. 2:3-6; 8:5; James.1:5)

“I feel all alone.”
God says: “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (Heb. 13:5) (See Dt. 31:6-8)

“IN ALL THESE THINGS WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM WHO LOVED US.” Rom. 8:37)

+ Source unknown

Facts of the Matter © 2000 - 2008 R. Dwight Hill - http://www.factsofthematter.org/ - Unlimited permission to copy without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to inclusion of this copyright notice.

No comments: